Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas 2013

So I need to get back into the swing of this blog thing, not that I ever did! A lot has happened since I last blogged, coaching changes, work changes, Sebastian's growing, too much to talk about. All I know is that I need to tell my experiences not only for my personal reflection but also to perhaps guide other cyclists out there with little pearls along the way:)

School's out now for 2013 and Christmas just around the corner. I have been busy trying to arrange some sponsors for my 2014 campaign. Going up an age-group is going to be very competitive and I have to keep my focus for training. Doing the extra one percenters like core work and pilates and diet is always tough at this time of year, but I have to just remember what it feels like to perform well and to perform badly as that's when the one percenters make the difference. I have specific goals and targets for the upcoming 2014 season, with my main event the 2014 UCI World Track Masters in Manchester, in October. There will be many bumps, hurdles and even mountains along the way (not good for a track sprinter) but if it was easy then everyone would do it.

Next lot of racing will be the Victorian Christmas Track Carnivals, four gloriously hot and dusty days of racing in Horsham, Bendigo, Shepparton and Wangaratta. I missed on these last year due to my upper back nerve injury, so I am looking forward to having some FUN! Its great racing for training, and I love watching Sebastian race too. If I'm lucky I might win some $$ but for me its all about enjoying the track racing with some great ladies to race against.

Hope you all have a very Merry and Safe Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment